Terima Kasih Daun Keladi :)

Dah lawat2 baca2 tuh rajen2 tinggalkn la buah tangan yer. Tak kesah laa kt chatbox ke atau kt komen. Just to let me know that you are visiting. Thank you and happy reading. P/s aku dah letak "like" button tu gatal2kan la tangan nak tekan button tu ye :)

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Few Modification : Apido Turtle

Again, it's about my FZ
Relaxxxxx
I just become a bit hype about getting my first bike
Seeing the bike is classifide as "naked"
I can do modification as in "make-up" as much as I want
So this is how my bike looks like before modification
With stock windshield...And I did changed the side mirror because the original side mirror has lack of visibility. It may cause serious problems
After 1 month fresh, I did add undercowl and fork cover for bulkier body
Few stickers, tank pads, rim lining, and few others.
So this holiday, as I have planned, I want to install Apido Turtle headlamp, which cost me Rm135.
My friend help me brought somewhere at Batu Pahat.

There are few peoples changed to this headlamp. Firstly, it is big, fits with FZ which has smaller headlamp originally. It is also..ummm..stylish? I think. This headlamp is almost looks like headlamp of Aprillia Shiver 750, which stab me in the stomach the most (Wth?). Since the wiring is plug and play, I've decided to bought one. One flaw of this headlamp is, I need to make the bracket myself. I haven't decide who can help me installed it though. I seek help from Johor Fzian Groups. They said I should have bike workshop to install it for me. I was a bit reluctant to have them install because I don't think they know how to do it properly. Plus, they may charge me ridiculously.

However, I have no other choice but to visit a bike workshop that I've been few times before. The workshop is a small branch of Castrol Bike Point. I was a abit nervous though because they have never seen the headlamp before. It takes almost 1 hour to have them install the headlamp. They have a hard time themselves, installing it, which troubles me. What if they charge me more. I don't have extra money in my wallet now. Means I already broke.

 Finally! They have installed it. But something is off. The headlamp looks like a mask for the original headlamp, since the side cover still intact. It makes the headlamp does look weird. But what the heck. I don't like to further things more. So I just packed up and left for home.
 At home, I already felt uneasiness about my bike's new look. I may have regret a bit buying the headlamp. I spent the whole night, thinking about this. My bike look ugleh!! Damn. I might as well ask for help from "otai" of Fzian. Maybe tomorrow. Or maybe I just bring this bike to KL where FZ150i is more recognized. There I can ask the foreman to adjust the headlamp accordingly. 
*p/s the windshield is not attached.

That night, I can't sleep. First off, there is a reason that doesn't concern you readers, and secondly, I feel bad and regret about buying and installing the headlamp. I'm in dilemma, whether should I leave as it is, or revert back to the original headlamp...Or I could adjust it on my own. Wait a minute, could I? Or I will just making things more awful? Or I will achieve the suitable placement of the lamp. 

It was 3am in the morning. What am I thinking? I have no experience or whatsoever and yet, here I am, with screwdriver. unscrewing everything to oblivion. Lol I may have exaggerated the oblivion part. It is more like that to the part where I could not turn back but carry on. I have check the web for better view how the proper placement of the headlamp. Surprisingly, I did it!
To think back, it was kind of easy. But practically, its not at all. Once I unscrewed everything, all I see is wire cable...and alot of it. I checked each of the wire cable carefully to where it leads to. First off, I need to take off the original side cover that hold signal lamp. Just to transfer it to the cover of headlamp itself. That is when I encounter my first problem. To unplug the wire. That evening, the foreman who installed the headlamp, easily unplug the wire and reattach. That little bitchy wire held together so hard that I bled a bit of my fingertips when pulling them off. I spent the next 30 minutes just to unplug the wire, where lastly, I use to pliers and rip them apart. 
Next step is I attached the signal lamp to the headlamp cover. Afterwards, it becomes a bit easier since I know what to do. What I need is just a little brute force to bend, cut and adjust the bracket. Since I want to adjust the headlamp placement closer to the fork, i have to reduce the length of the bracket. I roughly measure how long that I need to reduce the bracket's length. I struggled a lot in bending the bracket to proper adjustment. Lastly, I attached the headlamp. No need for details. And this is how it looks like in the end. It was almost 6am in the morning. Damn....
There are still alot of work to do though. I still need to hide the bracket which hideously visible from the side. I think I just tape it with black masking tape. Simple and easy. There are also ridiculously large gap between the speedometer and the headlamp. I just need to cover it somehow. I rechecked the web to see whether if they have covered it. Some of them have, others not. Using moped bike windshield to cover the gap looks nice too. But I need to rest first. So goodnight.....

Here are few more pictures of my FZ150i
That's all folks :D

No comments:


Our Blogger Templates Web Design

©2009 Fathkebuss@LiFe's Portrayal. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP